After tossing and turning all night (and waking up at the crack of dawn to take another test, just to be sure of course) I called the doctor. They asked to see me right away and requested an ultrasound and blood work to confirm the pregnancy. First up, the ultrasound. Although Baby Bear didn't exactly resemble a "baby" quite yet, he/she was still the most perfect black spot I had ever seen! After the ultrasound, they poked and prodded me for what seemed like an eternity and confirmed I was 5.6 weeks along with a due date of June 17, 2012 (Father's Day!).
Week 5 Update
This week was a whirlwind of emotions for both of us. From shock and disbelief to immense joy and anticipation, we finally started to feel that this was indeed really happening (and how couldn't we now that I was running to the bathroom every 1/2 hour!).
Week 6 Update
By week six, everything really started to sink in. Between feeling sick 22 hours a day, still running to the bathroom every 30 minutes, and not being able to fall asleep, we knew there really must be an itty bitty baby in my tummy and we just couldn't wait for our next appointment!
Cravings: rootbeer shakes, meat, strawberry fruitistas from Taco Bell
Week 7 Update
This week with my stomach growing increasingly more uncomfortable, I continued to struggle at bedtime. I found that taking naps on the couch was a Godsend and the only way I was able to function the next day. I also didn't have much of an appetite this week, but continued to try and eat healthier and experiment with new foods (something I am not particularly good at). Emotionally, still a roller coaster - surprise! We started sharing the news with close friends and family this week. Everyone was so genuinely happy for us and the first person touched my tummy (aside from Chris)! While it felt a little awkward, it was actually really neat and put such a big smile on my face. This week was also the start of those nervous mommy feelings and anxiety over preparing everything before Baby Bear arrives. I know God has trusted us with this little blessing, I just hope I can live up to his expectations!
Cravings: meat, heartier foods
(Photo: Jesse's 80's themed birthday party at the Breakfast Club!)
"Pregnancy, emotionally, is like turmoil at various stages, while the reality sinks in. And it never really does until the baby arrives." - Martha Zschock
No comments:
Post a Comment