Up to our 9 week ultrasound, the only proof Chris had seen was the initial test I used to announce the news. To him, this whole thing might as well have been an elaborate prank. I hadn't actually gotten sick yet and I wasn't physically showing any signs of being pregnant. So, was there really a baby in there?
We walked into the appointment hand-in-hand, both chattering our teeth in anticipation. The ultrasound room was quite cramped, so Chris stood slightly behind me and pressed against a wall as the technician began. Within seconds, the most beautiful image of our perfect little baby appeared on the screen.
Even more beautiful than this tiny miracle, though, was watching Chris' expression as he saw our child for the very first time. He looked down at me, smiled, and whispered, "Wow, there really is a baby in there." "Yes, honey, I really wasn't lying to you." After the initial shock wore off, we got to watch our Gummi Bear's pitter patter of a heartbeat (a strong 170 bpm) and I had the pleasure of going through yet another round of blood work (something that has now become routine). No words can describe just how special this day was for both of us.
(9 weeks!)
"I feel like some other life force has completely taken over my body. It's an amazing process, but I don't feel like that's me I'm looking at in the mirror." - Lauren Rosen

Beautiful post, as always. We are so very excited for you and for ourselves. Thank you for sharing with everyone around you. You are both so very loving and caring and are going to be the type of parents a son/daughter can admire. Love you always. Dad
ReplyDelete