(13 weeks - baby bump makes a guest appearance!)
Week 13 was about as uneventful as they come. Work was unusually busy which kept me preoccupied the week before Florida (although I was able to sneak in a night of mommy-baby-Finley bonding by reading every Dr. Seuss book we own!). I also started to get extremely anxious this week to find out whether we are having an itty bitty boy or girl, even though I have felt like it's a little lacrosse player since around week 7. Sunshine State here we come!
(14 weeks!)
Week 14 UpdateThere is no place like home for the holidays, especially for Baby Bear's first Christmas (in mommy's tummy). We spent the next week + 2 days in Florida celebrating life, love, and happiness with family, family, and more family! And as to be expected since Baby Bear is the first grandchild, great grandchild, and great great grandchild in my family, he/she was showered with lots of fun gifts...
As for me, my nausea picked up a little again this week accompanied by headaches and back pain. And, while I realize it is a sign of a healthy growing baby, I really struggled with my physical appearance. Clothes that used to be big on me were now fitting snugly and I looked like I was hanging around the holiday spreads a little too much. Spending time with family was a great distraction, though, and all the tummy touching helped me embrace my not-so-glamorous growing baby bump. I cannot wait for all the excitement and family reunions the new year has in store for us!
(Merry Christmas from our family to yours!)
"I loved being pregnant! I thought it was beautiful, and though I hated to see the scale going up in numbers, I felt that what I had growing inside of me offset the weight gain in every way." - Amy Weiss
No comments:
Post a Comment