Thursday, April 5: "Honey, if we don't stop walking I'm going to have this baby. Right here."
Week 28 Update
Welcome to the third trimester!! With the exception of a tummy that is a tad bit bigger (that is my story and I'm stickin' to it), the third trimester truly feels like an extension of the second and I am loving every minute of it.
The week started with family heading home from such a wonderful baby shower weekend. Sunday was rough and Monday didn't get much better. By Tuesday, I finally started to crawl out of my mini family withdrawal depression. We got a quote for painting the nursery (Chris and I decided to skip the fancy stuff and just have the walls repainted the same color, mostly to patch up any holes from the previous owners and give it a fresh coat). I had a quick check up with the doctor and baby was just fabulous, as always. And I also decided to stop being a hermit and go out to lunch with some co-workers - such a nice break from the desk.
This week's symptoms: sharp pain below sternum (result of stretching ligaments and a growing baby boy) and a new, not so improved etch-a-sketch brain.
Week 29 Update
Office baby shower, birth plan, and a baby training for the Olympics. How could you not want to keep reading?
This week started with a little bit of mommy-baby separation anxiety. How is this possible when I take our itty bitty baby everywhere I go? I wish I had a good answer. Before leaving home with Chris to go into the office, I decided to take a few minutes and visit the nursery. No sooner had I walked through the door than I burst into tears. I walked around the room, touching the soft little clothes and shaking all of the cute rattles. I finally collapsed in the glider, hugged one of the many teddy bears sprinkled around the room, and sobbed. After a few minutes, I dried my tears, grabbed my laptop bag, and joined Chris in the car. It was going to be an emotional day.
The following day I worked from home and decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather by soaking up some rays on my lunch break. Warning: White, pasty, pregnant skin burns very easily. Needless to say I had pretty pink skin in 20 minutes flat. One of these days I'll learn. (No need to worry mom, I promise to always cover Baby Bear's beautiful skin in layers upon layers of sunscreen.)
Now that baby is a "big boy" (or at least that is what the doctors tell us), there isn't much room left for flipping and dancing. There is plenty of space, though, for sticking his big ol' butt out at us (something he seems to be making a habit of lately).
Towards the middle of the week, I made another visit to the office for what I thought was an evaluation. Little did I know this was actually code for a secret baby shower! I wish I would have had my camera handy to capture the hard work Executive Corner went to, but the afternoon was filled with baby shower games, cupcakes that dyed your mouth blue, and more gifts and books for our sweet little guy.
Other Week 29 Memories: We finished our birth plan and Chris, Finn, and I went on our last two-mile walk around the neighborhood (until of course I'm ready to speed things up since I'm convinced walking more than a mile and a half straight will induce labor).
"Think of stretch marks as pregnancy service stripes." - Joyce Armor


Yes Josie-girl, Sunscreen! Sunscreen! Sunscreen!
ReplyDelete