Week 30 Update
(30 weeks!)This week started with a visit from the Easter bunny. But rather than leaving a fancy Easter basket or scattering eggs around the house, he brought me my first set of intense Braxton Hicks contractions. I woke up on Easter Sunday unable to get out of bed. Chris sat by my side while big crocodile tears streamed from my eyes. I tried to remember everything I had read about the difference between labor contractions and Braxton Hicks contractions.
- How intense is the pain? Not terrible, but certainly not pleasant. Point: Braxton Hicks
- Where is the pain? Started in the front of my abdomen and gradually moved to my lower pelvic region. Point: Braxton Hicks
- How often are they occurring? Pretty regularly, every 30 seconds or so. Point: Labor Contractions (insert slight panic attack)
- Do they stop when I move? Yes! Point: Braxton Hicks
Aside from this slight scare, the rest of the day was perfect. Finn had her own little photo shoot (hehe!)...
And I baked my first Easter ham!!
Remainder of Week 30
I had another doctor appointment on Wednesday. Despite this being the second week in a row that I lost weight (they assured me this is ok since my overall weight gain has been ideal), the doc is convinced we have a big boy. Chris is pumped of course, but last I checked he is not the one delivering this "big boy!" We finished the appointment by discussing our birth plan, common emotions at this stage in the pregnancy, and my recent contractions.
Toward the end of the week, I attended our Women of Williamsburg neighborhood meeting, Chris had a fun day golfing with the guys followed by a night on the town for Greg's birthday, and we went to visit the baby chicks at Renfrow's Hardware store in downtown Matthews.
Only 10 more weeks!!!
"To speak of birth...to touch people's hearts and souls and to awaken that part of humankind that has forgotten that it matters enormously how a baby comes into the world...that is our task." - Vicki Chan and Nic Edmondstone











No comments:
Post a Comment